As I did last year, here is the list of what I thought the top 10 anime OPs of 2009 were. Enjoy!
10. “Aoi Hana” by Kukikodan – Sweet Blue Flowers OP
This is a nice little song to start off the countdown.
9. “Super Driver” by Aya Hirano – The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya OP2
While the ED was the good song from the first season, the OP was the good song from the second season of Haruhi.
8. “Kimi ni Todoke” by Tanizawa Tomofumi – Kimi ni Todoke OP
Another nice soft rock song that I think is pretty good and matches the show pretty well.
7. “Kimi Shinitamō Koto Nakare” by May’n – Shangri-la OP
I wasn’t too sure about this OP to start with, but it kind of grew on me after a while
6. “HANAJI” by Yu Kobayashi – Maria Holic OP
Rather ecchi, but how can one not like this OP?
5. “Karma” by KOKIA – Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom OP1
KOKIA once again makes the list, this time for her excellent, if not eerie, OP for Phantom.
4. “Parallel Hearts” by FictionJunction – Pandora Hearts OP
This OP just stuck on me from the very start. I think it’s pretty good, anyway
3. “Oyasumi Paradox” by Etsuko Yakushimaru – Natsu no Arashi! Akinai-chū OP
I didn’t watch this show, but I love this OP.
2. “Falling Down” by Oasis – Eden of the East OP
One of the very best OPs of the year, if not for the past few years. And being sung in English (being that it’s sung by Oasis) probably doesn’t hurt either.
1. “kiseki” by NIRGILIS – Birdy the Mighty DECODE 02 OP
However, the #1 OP of the year goes to a show from all the way back in the winter season. It was a tough choice between #1 and #2, but I thought this one just won out.